Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Who is Pumps & Gavels, and Where is Socially Caroline?


If you're one of the 45,000 people who has visited my blog over the past 5 years, you might be wondering "who or what is 'Pumps & Gavels?!'"

I'm here to tell you that it will all be ok.

I started Socially Caroline in 2010 as a way to record the "Sights, Sounds, and Sociability of a Law Student."  During that time, I recorded my thoughts and experiences in law school, during internships, and while studying for the Bar Exam.

I kept blogging while I conquered New York City as a young professional.  But something felt... off.  I wanted to run my blog differently, and in a more mature (read: less spastic) way.  I wanted it to reflect my professional life while adding a bit of flavor to my online work image.  But I wasn't sure how.  In the end, I walked away from blogging and from Socially Caroline because I couldn't figure out how to make those two worlds-- professional and social-- mix on the internet without tarnishing my reputation as a strong and trustworthy attorney.

But I missed it.


This was my first header. I still dig the "Read. Brief. Craft. Repeat." tagline!

After taking almost a year of a break and really figuring out my life, career, and the path I want to take, I've decided that I'm ready to get back into the blogging world. But I didn't want to start over-- I had such great followers and had already put such hard work into making Socially Caroline a great blog.

So I've decided that it's time for Socially Caroline to grow up with me.

I've renamed this blog "Pumps & Gavels" to showcase my life as a solo female attorney who embraces femininity.  I want to break that "mahogany-black-suit-old-white-guy" stigma that pervades lawyer imagery.  I want to run a practice that makes me HAPPY!

This blog will follow my journey as I work to build a practice, explore life as a Lady Boss, and balance work with life.  I want to entertain, share, and even make people laugh.

Yet another image from the past...
So for those of you who have been with Socially Caroline since the beginning-- I cannot thank you enough.  Your page visits are what has kept me posting!  Make sure you update your browser links to http://www.pumpsandgavels.com.

And for those of you who are just joining this ride-- check out the archives (but don't hate for the formatting issues.... it's been a long road!).

THANK YOU to everyone who reads, replies, and subscribes-- you all mean more to me than you know!


Welcome to the rebrand.

xoxo CJF


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!