Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's in my Bag?






My favorite!
Behind every successful woman is a big bag she hauls around.  You can quote me on that.

After three weeks in NYC, I have perfected my tote bag.  I have enough stuff in it to get me through emergencies, impromptu happy hours, and just through life in general. I've listed my choice of (inexpensive!) things that every girl should carry around!







What's in my Bag?

  

Forever 21 umbrella
forever21.com
Umbrellas are a MUST for inclement weather.  Use your umbrella as an extension of yourself-- don't just settle for black!  This cheap option from Forever21 provides a cute way to fight back the rainclouds.



Accessorize crystal headband
accessorize.com
I am a HUGE fan of the "Princess roll" hairstyle.  It is so simple, is done best with wet-ish hair, and makes you look glamorous.  Rolling your hair with one of these babies can take your hair from scary to cute in about 5 minutes!



Goody hair pin
target.com
Self explanatory.  I like to buy the extra long ones because I have found they hold my hair better.



Stella &Dot Nancy Earrings
stelladot.com
These are my absolute favorite studs.  For $24, they are a bargain.  Plus, it gives you something to buy when you go to your girlfriends' Stella & Dot parties that won't break the bank!  I love these in Peach because they are simple but very fashionable, and can take an outfit from drab to fantastic in an instant.  I like them much more than traditional "diamond" studs.  They are small enough to be tasteful, but big enough to make a statement.



Nars cosmetic
beauty.com
The top-rated blush by women everywhere, Nars Orgasm can be used to add a healthy glow. Also try mixing it with your chapstick for lipstick in a pinch.



Wet n Wild eyeliner
$3, Walgreens
I LOVE this liquid eyeliner!  Let me tell you, I have tried MANY kinds.  However, I keep coming back to this little drugstore power player.  It is easy to hold and creates a nice, strong, crisp black line.  It's perfect to apply for work, but can be used to glam it up after work for happy hour.  I am actually going to put mine on for a date tonight after I leave my office!



Johnson's Baby Powder 624g Johnson Johnson
amazon.com
Let's face it: feet get gross after being in flats for hours and running around the city like a crazy woman.  Baby powder helps calm that crazy train down, and keep your Reva's smelling FRESH.



Purell instant hand sanitizer (9 bottles of 2 fl oz each total of 18...
amazon.com
NYC is DIRTY.  I apply this liberally.  Do yourself a favor and just buy an entire case.  I go through about a bottle a week after riding the Subway.



SABRE Red Pepper Spray Key Chain National Breast Cancer Foundation
dickssportinggoods.com
Ok ok, so Pepper Spray is supposedly illegal in NYC.  I honestly don't care.  This baby goes with me EVERYWHERE.  I like this because it has a handy clip that makes slipping it on and off your keychain simple (and won't wreck your nails, like undoing a jump ring will).  I keep it hooked on the inside pocket of my tote bag.  The clip comes in handy when I feel like I need extra incentive for people to leave me alone-- I just unclip it and hold it in my hand.  It's also good if you are a frequent traveler, like me-- TSA doesn't really like for you to bring mace through security (although my friend tells me she successfully gets it through every time....).



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!