Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Acceptance.

Y'all.

Working out was HARD today.

I rolled into my hot yoga class as usual.  I was running a little bit late, but made it fine.  But something was just OFF today.

My arms were shaking. My shoulders were tired. My balance-- which I take pride in-- was wayyyy off; we're talking it was like I was doing yoga in a dinghy in the middle of a hurricane.  Arms and legs were flying.  I was bloated, I looked like a n00b, and I was pissed at myself.

But even though I was frustrated, I did hear that little "listen to your body" in the back of the room. That little yogi saying about "doing what you can today."Cue a deep breath. You can do this, Caroline.

I tried super hard to turn off my competitive nature. After 17 years of intense dance training and cheering in college, that's much easier said than done.  I tried to accept where I was in each posture, and not judge myself.  I "left it on the mat" after each posture, and moved to the next.  While it didn't work completely, I didn't leave disappointed with myself.

Once I got home, I housed sushi, watermelon, wine, and a Cadbury Cream Egg.... because PERIODS, am I right ladies?  And you know what? I don't feel bad about it. For the first time in a really long time, I'm good with what I did today.

Lets all just be proud of ourselves for where we are.  Give yourself some love every once in a while.

Namaste.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!