Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Flats!


After hauling myself all over Manhattan for the past month an a half, I have discovered the importance of quality, comfortable flats.  However, the small size of my budget doesn't allow for TOO much of a splurge on shoes.  When you have wide, huge, monster feet like I do, finding cute and comfortable shoes can be tricky. I've rounded up five of my favorite spring flats for this spring to share-- hopefully keeping everyone blister-free and curing any instances of "cranky feet hurt syndrome!"







Tory Burch ballet flat
shopbop.com


The classic.  Yes, it is expensive, and yes, it is a little uncomfortable at first, but you can get away with ANYTHING in these shoes.  Perfect for everything from the law firm office to a night spent at the wine bar with girlfriends, these go with literally EVERYTHING.  I had my last pair for FOUR YEARS, and finally bought a new one last week.  The black is classic, but I am lusting after the orange.  Go up a size if you have wide feet like I do.  ShopBop has regular sales, and Toryburch.com will have 25% off once every season or so.  That brings them down to around $168-- totally worth it for four years of adorable footwear. 


Kenneth Cole flat shoes
kennethcole.com


Cheetah is a neutral.  It goes with most colors, and adds a bit of sassiness to any outfit.  I usually break out the cheetah when I am feeling too "grandma--" I mean there are only so many things you can wear as a lawyer.  Cheetah smoking flats contribute a certain masculine sexiness to fitted black pants that a regular flat just won't bring. 

zara.com

I personally haven't tried these, but my lovely sister-from-another-mister, Holland, has last summer's version-- and she loves them.  The ankle strap and metallic gold around the bottom adds a bit of edginess that you won't get from a plain flat.  Plus, the ease of finding a Zara in NYC makes these an attractive option for those of us who walk by about 3 on our way home every day.


Mossimo flat shoes
target.com


These shoes are on my wishlist, so NO I can't attest to their comfort, but LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE!  I'm an advocate for the Mossimo pointy shoe-- every pair I have bought has been great.  I've got a pair on now that I've had for about 6 years-- no joke.  I actually might haul my butt up to East Harlem tonight to get these-- this is how much I think I need them.  They are actually color blocked-- see?

They also feature an adorable zipper on the back, so you don't have to strap yourself in every morning.  Perfect with a pair of fitted pants or a cute skirt.
  
Nine West Histericks Pointy Toe Flats
ninewest.com

Last but not least, I LOVE these flats.  The come in SO many colorsI have them in nude, but plan on getting another color soon.  Wait until they go on sale again, and you can get them for around $49.  Very comfortable, and actually fits the little bunion on my small toe (GROSSS ok whatever, I know-- but that's what I get for dancing for so long.  Deal with it.  You'll get one sooner or later).  Out of all of my pointy shoes, these are probably the most comfortable in the toe region. 
I'm always up for recommendations for flats-- anyone want to add their favorites?

1 comment:

  1. order them online!! Guaranteed to have the right size PLUS you don't have to haul your butt to Harlem!

    Those Target flats are my favs too!

    ReplyDelete