Saturday, September 17, 2011

Super Easy Less-than-an-hour Pizza from SCRATCH

YES my friends, you heard me right: Pizza. From Scratch.  Less than an hour.



If I can do it, so can you.  Believe me, some of my cooking disasters are ones for the books.  I burnt SOUP for the love of Pearl!

But THIS is so easy, ANYONE can do it. 

Dough:
3 cups flour
1 packet dry yeast (I used the quick rise kind)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup warm (almost hot) water
a little less than 1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt


Combine all dry ingredients and stir.
Mix in oil and water.
Coat baking sheet/ pizza sheet with a little bit of extra olive oil.
Spread dough out on pizza sheet.  Let sit for 5 mins.
Bake dough for 20 mins at 375 degrees F.

Pizza:
1-2 cups marinara sauce
1 clove garlic
1 tomato
1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
8-10 basil leaves
Parmesean cheese to taste
Feta cheese to taste
Italian seasonings

**all of these are "ish" measurements-- meaning if you want more or less, go for it!  You can add whatever.

Slice garlic very thin (Goodfellas, anyone??) and tomatoes fairly thin
Spread on marinara sauce on prepared dough
Sprinkle on cheeses
Lay garlic slices, tomatoes, and basil leaves on top of the cheese.
Sprinkle on Italian seasonings.
Place in oven and cook for 10 more mins on 375 degrees.

NOTE: Baking times may differ depending on your oven and how thick you make your crust!  I made mine very thick-- so thinner crusts may have a shorter cooking time.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!